Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Doreamon's love for Nobita

I might have 777 friends on facebook, 106 followers on twitter, 587 mafia members, thousands of acquaintances and circles of true great friends. A sole extraordinary friend plays the fairy-god-mother role in the tale of my life, her name is Jenna. She was not a childhood friend nor a growing up sister, she was a stranger. I met her on a hiring tour, 3 years ago and spent 3 months together at a Country Club in the United States for internship.

I grew up having friends but not a single best friend. Not because I was a spoiled brat, I just thought I don't need one. My mother, little brother and I had to live at my Grandma's House(Mother side) while my father(soldier) has to do his duty for the country. Together, we lived with Grandpa and Grandma, my 2 old maid aunts, my uncle with his wife and a daughter, my aunt and her husband and 2 kids, and another aunt, the youngest of the siblings. After couple of years, the number grew with 4 new cousins. Who needs a neighbor to be playmate? Who needs to be babysat and be left at a stranger's house or day care? I have them all in, I have cousins to play with and 3 additional mother.
No best friend? It didn't not concern me, my life revolved in my family and my life was as simple as a sunrise and sundown and my world rotates and revolves peacefully in it's right orbit. But time changes, my second parents(grandpa and grandma) left for eternal rest. My father did his part to serve our country, just time for him to rest and be with my mother for the rest of their life. My youngest aunt found her love and started her own family. My oldest cousin started building her career as a nurse and the rest of my cousins enjoy young life with their own circle of friends.

Considering these facts, I felt left behind. Yes, I have plenty of friends scattered around the world and numbers that I call my real friends. Although, I still feel isolated, unseen distance keeps me away from them.

However, I have a thin strong strand of thread that I've been keeping for myself and was  hooked with Jenna. I don't have any idea how it happened and made us an extraordinary connection. We might not consider each other as best friends but we silently know how much we value each other.

Walking the track of my life, fate never failed to surprise bringing me to different mysterious roads of life. At some point, I was hypnotized by a beauty of a prince that led me in a cave. This cave has to put me into decisions to choose passages which will lead me to move farther in life. From time to time, the prince appears from one channel to another. In loved with his beauty, I trusted and hoped to bring me in his kingdom. Chasing for him, I trip on my thread and fall down. Finally, I woke up from hypnotism, realizing how tired I am wandering in same place.

I am stuck in this cave for 10 months, walking through passages but leading me in the same place. But there is one tunnel I keep on missing, narrow, full of sadness but will lead me into a different direction away from my prince's kingdom. Like a fairy-god-mother to the rescue, I was saved from the strong pull of the thread, now I have to go through the small tunnel. This time, I am untying the thread for a while. Letting Jenna walk on the ground and use my courage to crawl in the narrow tunnel. Yes, I am afraid to be left alone but this is my own journey and I can only past it on my own. After all, Jenna will be waiting on the other side to give me a warm hug.

Me and Jenna's friendship is not perfect, we have ups and downs but that's how friends are. We accept the imperfections of each other and respect differences. I am blessed to meet an extraordinary friend like Jenna. It's quite silly to write a piece about her in this situation. But this is how I appreciate her the most. She never fails to give a shout to check on me. She never gets tired listening on my repetitive dramas, she never gets tired giving advise using her honest opinion, she knows when to shout on me when I am wrong and most importantly, she never gets tired being my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment